Monday, November 24, 2008

Hornets lose, terrible weekend, all is well

The Hornets finished their season as the 2008 East Valley Conference Runners Up. It was a good year and one game short of a state championship isn't bad. I was really disappointed for a few hours but got over it. Thanks to all of my Hornets and their families (except two). I am a bit miffed a couple so I'm glad to take a brake. But that's just their Dads. I'll always love their kids. The relationships with these boys are the best part of the whole deal. I'm not sure if this year could ever be topped. I wonder if I shouldn't just call it quits. Yeah Right!

Saturday was awful, first the Hornets lose than BYU gets bombed in the biggest game of their year, then UofA decides they don't want to win so they gave the OSU BEAVS the win. Terrible. Sunday was better. Church was good. We had our family's 2nd Annual Thanktivis. We have a thanktivis because we are sad that we never get to just our family for Thanksgiving because we are with Stacy's family or my family on Thanksgiving day. So the past two years now we eat a Thanksgiving style dinner on the Sunday before. Its great. We eat the turkey, the potatoes the yams everything including pie and pig out and spend time as a family. We enjoy it together just us. Than we have leftovers just like we should. We tell each other what we are thankful for and than watch a family movie and just have a great time. Its great. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants some holiday "JUST US" time.

1 comment:

Eric and Lindsay said...

The BYU vs Utah game was the best game of the season! 48-24! 12-0!