Monday, October 08, 2007

Fine then I will

Blogging is supposed to be for me. The only reason I do a blog is because Journals are boring. I was a blogger before bloggers were cool Whetten people! (I CAN PROVE IT TOO). You know I'm right. Anyway. I've been busy too. Blogging is low on the priority list. I've been spending too much time annoying football player's parents, getting fatter and offending football officials and coaches to have time to blog (not to mention working). So here's my blog message today: Only blog for yourself. Don't blog because you want to share your life with other people. It's very much less genuine when you do that. See Stace used to send out an email blog of sorts to everyone on her email address list. I loved it. It was for her. She shared with us her life. But now she quit because she was worried about other people thinking "Why does she send this to me?" When she should have been thinking "I love writing emails to these people for myself!" Here's the thing: You aren’t interesting to everyone. No one is, least of all me. So what you do is blog, email, or type whatever for yourself. It's sincere that way. It's real. If you get someone pissed off or laughing at you, awesome, you don't care what they think anyway. This last weekend in conference the best quote (my blog my opionion) was President Hinkley in Priestood quoted a former President of the church when someone wanted to know what to do when they've been slandered in the newspaper. He said (paraphrase), "Half of the people in town don't buy the newspaper, half of the ones that do won't see that article, half of those that see the article won't read it, half of the people who read it won't understand it and half of those who understand it are of no consequence anyway!" So think of your blogs that way. Because, we that love you will enjoy it more because it is the real you... Love ya and Get off of my butt about my blog! It's mine!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that you aren't depressed enough to have something to blog about....we all just want to be fascinated by your intermost thoughts...your blog is intellectual unlike mine. You really should have been a writer. PS We owe you peach cobbler.

Stacy said...

Nice, now I don't know if I ever want to blog again...you've made me depressed. I need that peach cobbler now more than ever.

Ben said...

You do owe me peach cobbler! But I can wait for it.

Brittany said...

You cut me to the core. You can put your blog on private you know... that way no one can look at it.

Ben said...

no only paranoid crazy people who think that the world is out to get them put their blogs on private. See it doesn't matter. google yourself once or use a different search engine. If they are out to get you its only a matter of time