Thursday, October 25, 2007

Musings while waiting...

Here's a view of the world from my eyes. It ain't half bad.

Everything around me is falling apart but guess what? I don't really care. FUNNY huh? The freezer doesn't work, the AC / Heater doesn't work, my car leaks oil my truck is acting weird the Van is getting beat up and falling apart and If half of my kids venture into the weeds in my back yard I may never see them again. There are more crickets in my house then in the entire state of California and I haven't been past about 1/2 way in my garage in so long because I can't get past all of the crap. I don't watch TV before 9:30 at night and I never ever go anywhere for fun. I think that the only thing I do is work, drive and do football with Drew and Sky and that's it. I'm ready for a break from all this and just work on other stuff (like my house) but then I'll just get tired of that too. However like I said i don't care because busy people are happy people. Does a clean house, perfect yard/home and other stuff equal happiness? nope.

How can anyone be a house wife? No, seriously. I mean I worked from home and barely got up from my desk twice between 6:30 am and 11:00 am. I went to the fridge to get a drink a couple of times and that's it. Both times I wanted to fix this, pick up that, help with something or do something else. My wife does a great job with our home but it is very overwhelming keeping up with it and I'm part time help at best. I don't know how she doesn't walk out with both middle fingers in the air every night when I get home and come back around 10 at night. Honestly.

When you are a dad life is different. Today a person accused me of being an anti-bachelor. Meaning that I'm the opposite of a bachelor. duh. They said I had a "herd" at home. I prefer "flock" but my wife may agree with herd. I wonder how quite, clean and empty the house would be without our flock. I was home all alone yesterday and it was noticeably quite since I'm very rarely home all alone. I liked it but not totally. It seemed foreign.

Today there was a crash on the freeway. So what, right? well except it made me late for work. See as long as I don't get in a crash I don't care about them until it makes me late for work. Do you ever think about all of the tragedies in the world? I don't. Because I think if you do you'll go crazier then you already are. There are too many to count. Besides what's a tragedy? I think if I get in a car crash that's a tragedy. No matter how minor.

My daughter got a cut on her bum the other week. It was huge so the wife had to get some really big band-aids. Like 4"x6" band-aids. We all knew about her cut because she's 4 and isn't too modest about it. Anyway after it quit hurting it was kinda funny and cute when she'd show us or talk about her bum owey. Next I got hurt a burn on my hand so I asked Sky and Vance if they knew where the Ace-bandage was so I could hold the Ice on my hand. Sky says "what's an Ace-Bandage? Is it the band-aid Mom used for Tawny's Ace?" We all had a good laugh. Well last night I took it a step further. Drew, Vance and I were walking home and Drew asked if I'd rather ride his bike then walk. I said "no I don't want to fall off and get hurt and need an "Ace-Bandage" If I was Stacy I'd say "I'm so funny"

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Stacy has to remind people that she's funny? I have to do that all the time too so that they'll actually realize I'm funny! That's great. And, I think your friend is just jealous of your "herd".

Unknown said...

She does walk around with both middle fingers up. She just does it behind your back. jk

I like your herd.

Stacy said...

How dare you, I never do that when ANYONE can see!!! And, many times, I get so overwhelmed with my home and family, I do leave, I just always come back more guilty because I left.

Unknown said...

ben I think that was a hint that you two need to take a vacation without the herd.....or, she does....

Stacy said...

Never call me family a herd, we are a team!! I'm totally offended now:)

C Whetten said...

Some days are like that, and they can seem never ending. Enjoy your family today.....cuz soon they will not always be around.
Are you having your weekly DATE? I'm a firm believer in that. Eeryone gets overwhelmed with there life at times.

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

OK...I laughed so hard. YOur posts are always so real, I love it. Stacy and you are both amazing people, whoever has everything caught up most be sacraficing something else in other areas! Your kids are really lucky to have the both of you, even if they have to wade though weeds & clean laundry to get to you they will never forget all the time you guys put forth for them. It just may take them 20 years to figure out all the effort it was!

Stacy said...

Are you kidding Mom? I think I'm the only one in our family that "demands" a date every single week. And I always get one, even if it is a car ride to Chevron for an ice cream cookie sandwich thing.