Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Because she said so

Ok, fine STACY I'll blog... (remember you asked for it).
NO ONE READS IT ANYWAY!
I'm boring.
On my mission Korean's were always trying to speak english to us. The greater part of our "investigators" were just wanting to get better at english. We called them "sucks" because really they just wanted to suck english off of us. So we always tollerated it becuase 1) they might someday somehow feel the spirit and actually want to join the church or at least learn more and 2) it would force young missionaries to interact with locals and pick up some Korean too. However in many cases they were also very funny. They would say things that common 19 year old Americans wouldn't say. Like in stead of "how are you?" they always said the more formal "how do you do?" as their common english greeting. Which of course we'd say: " oh, I do just fine" really dramatically drawn out. Also instead of: "I'm going to the store today" They'd say "The store is my desitination today" so just funny stuff. Another instead of "I don't know" or "I don't understand" they'd say "I'm in the dark on that" However my favorite of all was the mistakes. Or just like I'm sure we did in Korean they'd say things incorrect but a nice missionary would just know what they meant and move on. But not me, I'd usually get a chuckle. So though they meant they had nothing to do or they were bored, they would usually say "I'm boring", to which I'd say "You are right!" and I'd go find someone else to talk to...
late.

2 comments:

n!c said...

I read your blog. That was a really funny story!

Stacy said...

Interesting, not really what I had in mind, but see, I'm not the only one who reads your blog:)