Monday, February 08, 2010

Family and Fun Weekend

Yesterday was Derek's blessing day. We have 8 am church and had planned to just go to Sacrament meeting and then leave to have a brunch/family gathering in the park. However Saturday night it rained all night and the park was flooded and muddy. Stacy was very stressed about this. But we got up early and She, the kids and I got the tables and chairs in the house and arranged it (with help from Uncle Matt Angel) so that we could seat 48 people at tables and chairs. It turned out good. We got to Sacrament meeting plenty early and enjoyed a good Fast and Testimony meeting. Derek is officially blessed and on the records as a church baby. We all all went home and enjoyed out breakfast and then people headed home. My parents and nephew Colton were here for the weekend and headed home to Utah around 10 or 11 am on Sunday. I'm glad they came. They were in town a little early because My Dad's Uncle Albert Christensen passed and his funeral was Friday in Mesa. We enjoyed their visit. We will be going to Utah on March 5th-7th for Colton's baptism. We spent the rest of Sunday with fast offering route (Drew and me), Choir practice (Vance and Me) and naps, football game (super bowl 44) and fun with Rocky and Jana Chapman's family. Stacy's parents and little sisters Brittney and Melissa and Brady Garret (Brit's husband to be) stayed all afternoon it was great. The laziness was nice and we also felt like it was a spiritual day. Testimony meeting was great. Vance and Marly bore their testimony about their Patriarchal blessings and the spirit was strong through out the meeting. I also appreciated my friend Jeff Whiting's testimony. Man the change in the brother since the day I met him is fantastic, he's a real hero to my kids and me.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Funny thing, I was looking for the "like" button till I realized I wasn't on FB. And, Jeff is a hero to me too.